Sunday, May 7, 2017

May 7, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Sunday, May 7, 2017

Reflection for the Day
If I believe that it's hopeless to expect any improvement in my life, I'm doubting the power of God. If I believe I have reason for despair, I'm confessing personal failure, for I do have the power to change myself; nothing can prevent it but my own unwillingness. I can learn in The Program to avail myself of the immense, inexhaustible power of God - if I'm willing to be continually aware of God's nearness.

Do I still imagine that my satisfaction with life depends on what someone else may do?

Today I Pray
May I give over my life to the will of God, not to the whims and insensitivities of others. When I counted solely on what other people did and thought and felt for my own happiness, I became nothing more than a cheap mirror reflecting others' lives. May I remain close to God in all things. I value myself because He values me. May I have my being in his Being and be dependent only upon Him.

Today I Will Remember
Stay close to God.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment