Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May 23, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Reflection for the Day
When newcomers to The Program experience the first startling feeling that they're truly among friends, they also wonder - with almost a sense of terror - if the feeling is real. Will it last? Those of us who've been in The Program a few years can assure any newcomer at a meeting that it is very real indeed, and that it does last. It's not just another false start, nor just a temporary burst of gladness to be followed, inevitably, by shattering disappointment.

Am I convinced that I can have a genuine and enduring recovery from the loneliness of my addiction?

Today I Pray
Please, God, let me not be held back by my fear of recurring loneliness. May I know that the openness which warms me in this group will not suddenly close up and leave me out. May I be patient with my fear, which is swollen with past disappointments and losses. May I know that the fellowship of the group will, in time, convince me that loneliness is never incurable.

Today I Will Remember
Loneliness is curable.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment