Sunday, May 21, 2017

May 21, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Sunday, May 21, 2017

Reflection for the Day
"The language of friendship is not words, but meanings," wrote Thoreau. Life indeed takes on new meanings, as well as new meaning in The Program. To watch people recover, to see them help others, to watch loneliness vanish, to see a fellowship grow up about you, to have a host of friends - this is an experience not to be missed.

Can I recall my initial reactions when I came to The program? Do I believe that I've finally come home?

Today I Pray
As The Program has given life new meanings for me, may I pass along to others that same chance to re-evaluate their lives in the light of sobriety, common purpose, friendships and spiritual expansion. Praise God for my new vision of human life. Praise Him for restoring for me the value and purpose of living.

Today I Will Remember
I value my life.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment