Monday, April 4, 2022

April 4, 2022 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

 

Step by Step
Monday, April 4, 2022

Today, unconditional trust in my Higher Power for what I need and not what I think I want, and to understand that my recovery cannot be on my time schedule. In my impatience for the promises of the Program, I must remember that the damage to myself and others as an alcoholic in the making and, later, as a drinking alcoholic, was not inflicted overnight. Thus, I can't expect recovery overnight. I need patience to overcome impatience, and I need only to remember the damage caused by impatience in rushing toward what I thought I wanted and realize that a rushed recovery will likely lead, as it has in the past, to a train wreck. If through this day I encounter something I do not want, I will rise above an emotional reaction like anger or self-pity or indignation and ask my Higher Power only for His knowledge and will to handle it so as not to threaten my progress or inflict injury on anyone. His time table, not mine. His knowledge of my needs, not my selfish wants. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2022

16 comments:

  1. That's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be the prayer for everyone. We all should turn to the Higher Power each day when we wake up and let HIM take care of everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Higher Power had Nothing to do with those wise Words.

      Delete
  3. You Got This Sista 💪💥❤️ X

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just helped me more than you can possiblity imagine just in the first sentence! Thank you Lawry. W

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would help so many of us humans
    I wish they would read this and take it to heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. fairplay I love the quotes

    ReplyDelete
  7. u got this Bab %100

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can so relate congrats to all much respect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Return evil for evil to no one walk a spiritual path because anything based on self will fail eventually. So follow the man with the master plan whether you believe God or goddesses.

    ReplyDelete