Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Monday, May 15, 2017

Reflection for the Day
Looking back at those last desperate days before I came to The Program, I remember more than anything the feelings of loneliness and isolation. Even when I was surrounded by people, including my own family, the sense of "aloneness" was overwhelming. Even when I tried to act sociable and wore the mask of cheerfulness, I usually felt a terrible anger of not belonging.

Will I ever forget the misery of "being alone in a crowd?"

Today I Pray
I thank God for the greatest single joy that has come to me outside of my sobriety - the feeling that I am no longer alone. May I not assume that loneliness will vanish overnight. May I know that there will be a lonely time during recovery, especially since I must pull away from my former junkie friends or drinking buddies. I pray that I may find new friends who are recovering. I thank God for the fellowship of The program.

Today I Will Remember
I am not alone.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment