Saturday, May 27, 2017

May 27, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Saturday, May 27, 2017
Today's thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Accepting our limitations

Helen Keller said, "Life is a banquet and most of us are starving to death." Drinking and using sure kept us from seeing the beauty, the bounty in our lives. Since we recognized that we can't use or drink – and got clean and sober - most of us today can get higher than ever before on the important things like justice, peace, and love.

Those of us who seem successful in relationships have at some point learned to accept our shortcomings more than most.

Am I learning to accept my limitations?

Higher Power, help me accept myself today, with all my defects, knowing that in your time I will gradually change for the better.
You are reading from the book:
Day by Day © 1974, 1998 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment