Friday, May 19, 2017

May 19, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Friday, May 19, 2017

Reflection for the Day
"When I was driven to my knees by alcohol, I was made ready to ask for the gift of faith," wrote AA co-founder Bill W. "And all was changed. Never again, my pains and problems notwithstanding, would I experience my former desolation. I saw the universe to be lighted by God's love; I was alone no more."

Am I convinced that my new life is real and that it will last so long as I continue doing what The Program and Twelve Steps suggest that I do?

Today I Pray
May God be the ever-present third party in my relationships with others, whether they are casual or involve a deep emotional commitment. May I be aware that if there is real friendship or love between human beings, God's spirit is always present. May I feel His spirit in all my human relationships.

Today I Will Remember
God is the Divine Third.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment