Thursday, May 4, 2017

May 4, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Thursday, May 4, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
Many people pray as though to overcome the will of a reluctant God, instead of taking hold of the willingness of a loving God. In the late stages of our addiction, the will to resist has fled. Yet when we admit complete defeat and when we become entirely ready to try the principles of The Program, our obsession leaves us and we enter a new dimension - freedom under God as we understand Him.

Is my growth in The Program convincing me that God alone can remove obsessions?

Today I Pray
May I pray not as a complaining child to a stern father, as though "praying" must always mean "pleading," usually in moments of helpless desperation. May I pray, instead, for my own willingness to reach out to Him, since He is ready at all times to reach out to me. May I regard my Higher Power as a willing God.

Today I Will Remember
God is willing.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment