Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 26, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Thursday, April 26, 2012

Just for today, grant me the wisdom and prudence to appreciate the power of the spoken word, that one spewed in anger, fear, frustration or sarcasm can inflict more damage than any destructive action of my drinking days. Let me understand that a single wrong word can do hurt and injury that might not be healed by any amend I might make. And even if my amend or apology is accepted, the injury and hurt may cut so deeply in the person against whom the wrong work is spoken, something can still be lost permanently. I pray for guidance in the 12th Step that I practice all the Program's principles in each of my affairs, including not to cave into the impulsitivity of unleashing a word that is intended to impose hurt. Today, I must think before I speak, especially if I am angry, frustrated or afraid, because I cannot unspeak it - and atonement may not be enough to repair the damage. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment