Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April 11, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Wednesday, April 11, 2012


Just for today, I will awaken to the potential opportunities of new friends, acquaintances and relationships that sobriety holds and turn away from the bittersweet memories of what was lost in my drinking days. Instead of languishing emotionally in regret or mourning of is gone and cannot be replaced, as a drinking alcoholic does, I will remember that I am sober, and sober thinking opens itself to working for what may and not pining for what was and never again will be. If attending meetings is the extent of my active participation in the Program, I can spring into service as a 12th-Stepper or sponsor or simply talk or listen to a co-member to lay the foundation of a new life with new friends, new acquaintances and new relationships. And, should I be blessed with someone who today take me out of the emotional baggage of yesterday, I can start to believe that a new and better life in sobriety is indeed possible. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment