Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 19, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Thursday, April 19, 2012

Just for today, I will work consciously and consicentiously to speak the full truth in all things and weaken the habitual and compulsive lying that I started in my drinking days. Just as abstaining from alcohol requires modification in the habitual and compulsive nature of drinking, so it goes for my behavior, including relearning to tell the truth instead of speaking anything but out of habit or compulsion. In asking my Higher Power to take away my character defect of lying, I must realize I have to replace it with telling only the truth in all things, also making it a habit. Along with hopefully improving my character, speaking in honesty of all things has another benefit: I might break the habit of lying when the truth would actually have been easter, and I won't have to focus so much effort hiding one lie with another lie and lying to concel the second and third lies. Today, I focus on learning how to speak the truth and unlearning the habit and compulsion of lying. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment