Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Feb. 7, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2023

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Avoiding compulsiveness

Being compulsive people, once we leave the alcohol and other drugs behind, we want our dreams fulfilled now. But when we first get into recovery, all we have is potential. Fulfillment is not realized immediately; rather it is something we work toward.

Each day we must work on our lives with what we know today. Gradually we will grow closer toward our ideal. (Recovery is a process.) But we won’t get anywhere if we try forcing ourselves into situations we are not ready for. Our Higher Power sets the pace.

Have I stopped being compulsive?

Higher Power, I pray for the patience to live today with what I have and what I know.

I will avoid being compulsive today by…

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment