Sunday, February 26, 2023

Feb. 26, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Sunday, Feb. 26, 2023

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Reflection for the Day

If I become angry today, I’ll pause and think before I say anything, remembering that my anger can turn back upon me and worsen my difficulties. I’ll try to remember, too, that well-timed silence can give me command of a stressful situation as angry reproaches never can. In such moments of stress, I’ll remember that my power over others is nonexistent, and that only God is all-powerful.

Have I learned that I alone can destroy my own peace of mind?

Today I Pray

May I learn that I can choose how to handle my anger – in silence or as a tantrum, a rage, a fistfight, a pillow fight, a tirade, an elaborate plan to “get back at” whoever caused it, an icy glare, a cool pronouncement of hate – or a simple statement of fact, “I am angry at you because” (in twenty-five words or less). Or may I, if need be, turn my anger into energy and shovel the walk, bowl, play a game of tennis, or clean the house. I pray that my Higher Power will show me appropriate ways to deal with my anger.

Today I Will Remember

“I am angry because … “

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment