Thursday, February 16, 2023

Feb. 16, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Thursday, Feb. 16, 2023

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

One Day at a Time

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.

 Will Rogers

Doesn’t life sometimes seem like a jigsaw puzzle with all the pieces scattered on the floor? Our program provides us with simple instructions for matching the pieces. We are told if we follow these few instructions, in time we will begin to see the picture develop. But there can be no shortcuts. We can start anywhere, but the picture will only emerge one piece at a time.

Each day for us is like a piece of the jigsaw puzzle. It gives a glimpse of the picture of our lives. We learn that we must live the whole day through to get to the next day. There is no way to get to tomorrow but through today. “One day at a time” becomes the key to the future.

I will only be able to keep my addictions in check today. I can do anything for one day. This is the only day I have, so let me do the best I can.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment