Wednesday, June 29, 2022

June 29, 2022 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

 

Step by Step
Wednesday, June 29, 2022

"Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."
 - Step Two

" ...(W)e believe there is no middle-of-the-road solution. We were in a position where life was becoming impossible, and if we had passed into the region from which there is no return through human aid, we had but two alternatives: One was to go on to the bitter end, blotting out the consciousness of our intolerable situation as best we could; and the other, to accept spiritual help. This we did because we honestly wanted to, and were willing to make the effort." Alcoholics Anonymous, 3rd Edition, 1976, Ch 2 ("There Is a Solution"), pp 25-6.

Today, accept that the one entity I trusted to run my life - myself - didn't work. If I am in "the region from which there is no return," may I want and be willing to accept the possibility that a Power stronger than myself exists to redeem me. If I am still caught up in the myth that the spiritual entity is religious, maybe I have already set myself as being unwilling to find a Higher Power. In holding onto unwillingness and not opening myself to the possibility, the recovery I seek probably is not in the cards, especially if I continue to do it my way although it has shown me time after time after time and time and time again that I simply cannot do it on my own. Today, enough is enough, and I take the step to at least consider the possibility that something better, stronger and wiser than myself can help me get it right. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment