Monday, June 20, 2022

June 20, 2022 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Monday, June 20, 2022

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Dropping biases

Addiction is not biased, nor should we be biased in the program. Whatever our beliefs before we found this solution, it helps if we avoid letting them interfere with our Step Twelve work. There are few enough places where people are accepted regardless of status, religion, nationality, or appearance.

Each of us needs everyone else in the fellowship. Whatever the person’s background, skills, income, or looks, if an addict or alcoholic can carry the message of recovery, that person can save your life.

Am I letting go of all bias?

Higher Power, help me let go of my biases so that I can better help save lives.

Today I will take an inventory of my biases and practice letting them go by…

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment