Sunday, November 5, 2017

Nov. 5, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Sunday, Nov. 5, 2017
Today, if I woke up sober and went through the day without a drink, if I did at work, home or wherever else what I was expected to do and did it without complaining and maybe even thanked my higher power for something good, if I reacted with logic and ethics and without emotions like anger, fear or revenge, if I am ending this day without a drink, a hit or a pill, then today was good. For that I owe gratitude and indebtedness to the program and its members who have ever been part of my journey from the despair of emptiness, loneliness, drunkenness, fear and a shattered soul. Tonight, I am grateful because I am sober - and, God granting, I will awaken sober. Today was good. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment