Sunday, November 12, 2017

Nov. 12, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Sunday, Nov. 12, 2017

Today, if my last drink was 24 Hours ago or many 24 Hours ago, I have a choice to put my last drink another 24 Hours behind me or ignore all I have learned either by experience or being in the program. I have the choice to reinforce the first step within myself, that "(I) am powerless over alcohol," and at least be willing to believe in the possibility of a higher power. Or I can re-empower alcohol to take control again and take me to the certainty of where continued drinking will lead me. I may be insecure or uncertain about life without alcohol, but I know with certainty where continued drinking will take me. Today, my choice is to drink or not to drink. Experience is proof beyond doubt where I end up if I drink, and the program is proof positive where I can be if I don't drink. Today, grant that I choose wisely. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment