Saturday, November 18, 2017

Nov. 18, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017

Reflection for the Day
"Nothing is enough to the man for whom enough is too little," wrote the Greek philosopher Epicurus. Now that we're free from addiction, rebuilding our self-respect and winning back the esteem of family and friends, we have to avoid becoming smug about our new-found success. For most of us, success has always been a heady brew; even in our new life, it's still possible to fall into the dangerous trap of "big-shot-itis." As insurance, we ought to remember that we're free today only by the grace of God.

Will I remember that any success I may be having is far more His success than mine?

Today I Pray
May I keep a constant string-on-the-finger reminder that I have found freedom through the grace of God - just so I don't let my pride try to convince me I did it all myself. May I learn to cope with success by ascribing it to a Higher Power, not to my own questionable superiority.

Today I Will Remember
Learn to deal with success.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment