Saturday, November 11, 2017

Nov. 11, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Saturday, Nov. 11, 2017

AA Thought for the Day
When I think of all who have gone before me, I realize that I am only one, not very important, person. What happens to me is not so very important after all. And AA has taught me to be more outgoing, to seek friendship by going at least halfway, to have a sincere desire to help. I have more self-respect now that I have less sensitiveness. I have found that the only way to live comfortably with myself is to take a real interest in others.

Do I realize that I am not so important after all?

Meditation for the Day
As you look back over your life, it is not too difficult to believe that what you went through was for a purpose, to prepare you for some valuable work in life. Everything in your life may well have been planned by God to make you of some use in the world. Each person's life is like the pattern of a mosaic. Each thing that happened to you is like one tiny stone in the mosaic, and each tiny stone fits into the perfected pattern of the mosaic of your life, which has been designed by God.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may not need to see the whole world design of my life. I pray that I may trust the Designer.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment