Sunday, June 18, 2017

June 18, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Sunday, June 18, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
I believe today that I have a right to make spiritual progress. I have a right to be emotionally mature. I have a right to take pleasure in my own company, and that makes me more pleasant to be with. I also have a right to become willing - deeply willing, entirely willing - to make amends to all those I've harmed. Because I can now accept myself the way I am, I can accept other people the way they are - not entirely, but to a much greater degree than in the past.

Have I begun to make friends with God, and thus with myself?

Today I Pray
May God show me that it's okay to like myself, even while trying to repair old wrongs and rebuild from splinters. May I keep telling myself that I am different now, I have changed, I am a better and wiser and healthier person, I have made some good choices. As this "new person," may I find it easier to make atonements for what happened long ago and in another spiritual place. May those I have wronged also find it easier to accept my amends.

Today I Will Remember
It's okay to like myself.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment