Thursday, June 15, 2017

June 15, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Thursday, June 15, 2017
 
Today, a conscious and conscientious effort to be honest in recovery and sobriety just as I was dishonest in my drinking. Sobriety and recovery begin with honesty to "admit (I am) powerless," to confess the nature of my wrongs, and the honesty and courage to take responsibility and consequences for the people I hurt. Because recovery requires a turnaround in words, thoughts and actions, I cannot claim any quality recovery if I carry from my drinking days the dishonesty and lies to others and myself into my recovery. Without a basic change in my emotional and spiritual characters, I am little more than a dry drunk if all I do is abstain from drinking. Today, just as lying became habitual in my drinking days, I focus earnestly on making truth a habit to hold onto and nurture. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment