Wednesday, June 14, 2017

June 14, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Wednesday, June 14, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
Somewhere along the line as we become more involved in The Program, we reach a sharp awareness of the growth-value of honesty and candor. When this happens, one of the first things we're able to admit is that our past behavior has been far from sane or even reasonable. As soon as we can make this admission - without shame or embarrassment - we find still another dimension of freedom.

In my gradual recovery, am I expectant that life will become ever richer and ever more serene?

Today I Pray
May I know, even as I take that mighty First Step, which may be the first really honest move I have made in a long time, that honesty takes practice. My old, deluded, head-tripping self is as different from the honest self that I must become as night is from day. May I realize that it will take more than just one grey dawn to change me.

Today I Will Remember
Honesty takes practice.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment