Friday, June 16, 2017

June 16, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Friday, June 16, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
The Ninth Step of The Program is: "Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others." To make restitution for the wrongs we've done can be extremely difficult, to say the least; if nothing else, it deflates our egos and batters our pride. Yet that in itself is a reward, and such restitution can bring still greater rewards. When we go to a person and say we're sorry, the reaction is almost invariably positive. Courage is required, to be sure, but the results more than justify the action.

Have I done my best to make all the restitution possible?

Today I Pray
May I count on my Higher Power to stop me if I start to crawl out from under my Ninth Step responsibility. May I feel that blessed, liberating wash of relief that goes with saying, out loud, to someone I have harmed, "I was wrong. I made mistakes. I am honestly sorry."  May I not worry about cracking that brittle, cover-up crust of my ego, because the inside will be more mature.

Today I Will Remember
Restitution is blessed.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment