Thursday, August 8, 2024

Aug. 8, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Thursday, Aug. 8, 2024

Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Pulling Others Off the Battlefield

When I was in the Marine Corps, it was pounded into your head that you never leave a buddy behind; you never leave a fellow Marine behind. You don't give up on them or leave them on their own.

That message has carried through to me my whole life -- especially now in AA. Because the addiction fight is like a battlefield. If I see somebody on that battlefield, and I think I can share something from my knowledge or experience that will help them get off that battlefield, I'm gonna do it. Because I've been on that battlefield and other sober people helped pull me off. I owe it to the next guy to help out if I can.

Today I will remember to help others out where I can.

-- Mike D., U.S. Marine Corps, 1970–1974

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment