Friday, August 16, 2024

Aug. 16, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Friday, Aug. 16, 2024

Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Intolerance

I'm slipping when I accept certain faults in myself, but I don't accept them in other people.

-- Anonymous

Our fellowship can pull good deeds out of people who have normally acted badly. Our Steps suggest ways to greatly change our behavior.

We are careful to separate what we say we are going to do and what we actually do. When we go to meetings and start talking about what wonderful things we are going to do rather than sharing what we have already done, we roll up our sleeves and get to work, because we have a lot to learn. Our friends and sponsor can suggest ways of getting started.

The fellowship doesn't want to hear sermons or judgments on past behavior. That's what happens when we judge ourselves and others, and talk about how we're going to change everybody and everything. We can't just "Talk the talk." We need to "Walk the walk."

I don't want to judge anybody, including myself. Let me learn to be forgiving and tolerant.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment