Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March 31, 2021 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of hope. — Stendhal

For many of us, when we walked into recovery, we were without hope. But even at our very first meeting we were greeted by the smiles, joy, laughter, and hope of those addicts who began the recovery journey before we did. We wanted what they had. We had nothing, so their hope had to be ours until we could create some of our own. Their joy had to be ours until we could find some of our own. Their values had to be ours until we could establish a value system of our own. Their smiles will always be a part of us.

Now it is our job to greet the newcomers and the old comers at meetings. We can smile at them, giving them hope and watching it grow. This is the essence of our fellowship.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me to be hope for others. Help me to make others feel that life, even when tough, is worth living. Help me to live a life that attracts others to you.

Today’s Action

At the next meeting I go to, I will make it a point to greet, smile at, and say hello to anyone I don’t know, as well as many I do know.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment