Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Jan. 5, 2021 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation


Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2021

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Accepting ourselves

Many of us used to think that our Higher Power hates this or that about us or about others, but our Higher Power doesn’t hate at all. Our Higher Power accepts us and loves us no matter how we have lived. It understands that we are capable of changing.

This is the only way we come to know our Higher Power, even as we begin to accept ourselves and others. The ability to accept ourselves more and more is a gift. It comes as we build upon the strong, valuable parts of ourselves.

Am I learning to accept myself?

Higher Power, help me believe in your acceptance, forgiveness, and generosity; help me to be willing to see myself in a new way.

Today I will work on self-acceptance by…

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment