Friday, January 29, 2021

Jan. 29, 2021 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

 

Step by Step
Friday, Jan. 29, 2021

Todayif I am holding onto a resentment that I have turned over to my Higher Power but have taken back, I will do what the Program suggests: pray daily for two weeks for the target of my resentment. We are encouraged that the Program's suggestions that we use in recovery give us serenity and freedom from the character defects that weigh us down. No defect that weighs us down is stronger than resentment. Today, I'll give the Program's suggestion to pray for the person I resent a try, however grudgingly, and admit my prayers aren't totally altruistic. They are actually for me ...because the person I resent nor anyone else is worth the mental and physical cost of holding and feeding my resentment and anger. Enough is enough: no more empowering someone else to mess with my recovery and serenity and live in my brain rent-free. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment