Saturday, February 3, 2018

Feb. 3, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Saturday, Feb. 3, 2018

AA Thought for the Day
By drinking, we escaped from boredom for a while. We almost forgot our troubles. But when we sobered up, our troubles were twice as bad. Drinking had only made them worse. In AA, we really escape boredom. Nobody's bored at an AA meeting. We stick around after it's over and we hate to leave. Drinking gave us a temporary feeling of importance. When we're drinking, we kid ourselves into thinking we are somebody. We tell tall stories to build ourselves up. In AA, we don't want that kind of self-importance. We have real self-respect and honesty and humility.

Have I found something much better and more satisfactory than drinking?

Meditation for the Day
I believe that my faith and God's power can accomplish anything in human relationships. There is no limit to what these two things can do in this field. Only I believe, and anything can happen. St. Paul said,"I can do all things through Him who strengtheneth me." All walls that divide you from other human beings can fall by your faith and God's power. These are the two essentials. Everyone can be moved by these.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may try to strengthen my faith day by day. I pray that I may rely more and more on God's power.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment