Sunday, February 18, 2018

Feb. 18, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018
Today’s thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

They are able because they think they are able.
 — Virgil

For most of us, addiction was full of doubt. We stopped believing in ourselves. Our thoughts had turned to “stinkin’ thinkin’.” We didn’t believe in much of anything. We didn’t take risks. We always looked for the easier, softer way.

In recovery, we start to believe again. We believe in the program. We believe in a Higher Power. We believe in people. And, over time, we believe in ourselves again. We become better at taking risks.

We are able to stay sober because we believe, because we take risks. As we stay sober, we can face almost anything – with the help of others.

Prayer for the Day
Higher Power, I have learned to believe in You. Help me believe in myself. I have something to give to this world. Help me give it freely.

Action for the Day
Today, I’ll list ten good points about myself. I’ll go over these good points with a friend.

You are reading from the book:

Keep It Simple © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment