Monday, February 19, 2018

Feb. 19, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Monday, Feb. 19, 2018

Today, begin the process of reconciling emotional, spiritual and mental defects - even if I am not either willing or able yet to hand them off to my Higher Power. Reconciliation, needed so I see that I must let go of what holds me back, requires that I understand that recovery is more than not drinking and is a fundamental change in my entire character. And abstinence alone cannot achieve that change. It requires a brutally honest Fourth to find my defects and a 10th to understand why and how they impede what I could be in sobriety. In reconciling myself to my defects of character, I may finally be able to say they have no purpose in where I hope to go in recovery, that they harbor a hidden spark to ignite a slip or relapse and, more important, that I want to be done with them once and for all. If the defects I found in the Fourth remain in my 10th and I know it is time to let them go, today, I seek the courage to change what I can - myself. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment