Monday, February 12, 2018

Feb. 12, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Monday, Feb. 12, 2018

AA Thought for the Day
As we look back on all those troubles we used to have when we were drinking, the hospitals, the jails, we wonder how we could have wanted that kind of life. As we look back on it now, we see our drinking life as it really was and we're glad we're out of it. So after a few months in AA, we find that we can honestly say that we want something else more than drinking. We've learned by experience that a sober life is really enjoyable and we wouldn't go back to the old drunken way of living for anything in the world.

Do I want to keep sober a lot more than I want to get drunk?

Meditation for the Day
My spiritual life depends on an inner consciousness of God. I must be led in all things by my consciousness of God, and I must trust Him in all things. My consciousness of God will always bring peace to me. I will have no fear, because a good future lies before me as long as I keep my consciousness of God. If in every single happening, event and plan I am conscious of God, then no matter what happens, I will be safe in God's hands.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may always have this consciousness of God. I pray for a new and better life through this God consciousness.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment