Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012 - Just for Today


Just for Today
Monday, May 28, 2012
Just for today, I realize that my moral inventory of the Fourth and amends of the Eighth are not confined to my wrongs of COMMISSION, but also apply to my wongful acts of OMISSION. With that awakening, my Fourth and Eighth Steps, hopefully, will be more honest. My moral inventory and amends I have tried have focused to things I have done or said, but they have NOT included my wrongs of having NOT said or done what I should have. Maybe I neglected or refused to return love or support that someone showed me in my darkest episodes, or maybe I didn't answer someone's call for help for whatever reason. Today, I return to my Fourth and Eighth Steps to decide if I owe restitution NOT for what I did, but for what I DIDN'T do. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment