Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 26, 2012 - Today's Gift from Hazelden


Saturday, May 26, 2012
Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Today I will rest. I've been doing a lot of emotional work, and now it's time for a break. Do I cry easily? Am I quick to become angry? Have I been depressed?

It's normal for my emotions to be close to the surface when I'm doing emotional work. I will allow myself my emotions. I can tell my children or loved ones that I may be feeling more sensitive or vulnerable lately. I can ask for their support and patience. I don't have to share my healing process with them if I choose not to.

Today I will be gentle with myself, knowing that I'm exactly where I need to be – free.
From the book:

Time to Fly Free © 2001 by Judith R. Smith. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment