Sunday, March 25, 2012

March 25, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Sunday, March 25, 2012

Just for today, as an alcoholic who drank addictively and with compulsive behavior, I will pay special attention to compulsiveness so as not to react to anyone or anything with the heightened emotions that nurtured the defects of my character. From a behavioral standpoint, we alcoholics drank with compulsion; as such, my addiction to alcohol is both physical and behavioral. To get the discipline and humility to prevent compulsion from gaining an upper hand in all my affairs, I can exercise Step Three as I begin this new 24 Hours by handing over to my Higher Power my will and ask instead for His will. Today, as I set out, I surrender my will - or self-will run riot - to God, and I can have faith that He will bless me with His grace to act accordingly and responsibly instead out of the compulsion that contributed to my spriritual and mental dis-ease. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment