Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 11, 2012 - Today's Gift from Hazelden

Sunday, March 11, 2012
Today's thought from Hazelden is:
SERVICE - A beautiful word fallen upon bad days. -- Claude McKay
Service is really a beautiful word. Service means respect. When we serve others we're part of the human race. We all need to help each other.
Service is a sure way to stay sober. Helping someone else stay sober helps us stay sober. And service frees us from self-will. It teaches us about how to care for ourselves and others. It teaches us that we're worthwhile. It teaches us that we make a difference. Service keeps us feeling good.
Am I quiet when the topic of service comes up at meetings? If so, how can I change this?
Prayer for the Day
Higher Power, show me where I can be of help. Give me the courage to make a difference. Give me the courage to really serve others in need.
Action for the Day
I'll list five ways service has made or can make my life better.
From the book:
Keep It Simple © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment