Friday, September 9, 2022

Sept. 9, 2022 – Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

 

Step by Step

Friday, Sept. 9, 2022

Today, accept that I need a Higher Power for a quality sobriety and recovery. To those in the Program who might say a Higher Power is a myth or does not exist, look back on our experiences as drinking alcoholics when we conducted ourselves without regard to the needs or feelings of others, when we made decisions based only on our wants. I didn’t do such a great job of running my life on my own, and it was only when I sought and found a Power stronger and wiser than myself that I began my journey to a spiritual awakening. And the Higher Power that the Program suggests is not the god of organized religion or even God with a capital “G.” That Higher Power can be nothing more than a development of a moral conscience that guides our lives and choices. Today, I ask if I need a Higher Power. Yes. And our common journey continues. Step by step. – Chris M., 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment