Monday, December 28, 2020

Dec. 28, 2020 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Monday, Dec. 28, 2020

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

The more one judges, the less one loves. — Honoré de Balzac

At times we need to make judgments about people’s behavior. We stand back and look at how their lives affect our sobriety. We have to do this to choose people whose friendships will be good for us. We have to do this before we trust someone in business. We should take a good look at the other person before we fall in love. But once we decide to trust or love someone, we have to stop always judging.

When we love someone, we don’t stand back. We move in close. We give them all our love can offer. We don’t just think and judge. We feel. We are on their side. We look for the good in them. We don’t pick them apart. We love the whole person.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me to judge a little and love a lot. Help me accept the people I love, faults and all. Help me love them better.

Action for the Day

Today I’ll catch myself when I start to judge others. I will accept them as they are.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment