Monday, November 16, 2020

Nov. 16, 2020 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Monday, Nov. 16, 2020

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Reflection for the Day

As a doubter tries the process of prayer, it becomes important to add up the results that come from it. Persistence almost surely brings more serenity, more tolerance, less fear, and less anger. Prayer helps us acquire a quiet courage—the kind that isn’t tension-ridden. Through prayer, we can begin to look at “failure” and “success” for what they really are. Problems and calamity will begin to mean our instruction instead of our destruction. We’ll feel freer and saner.

Have wonderful and unaccountable things begun to happen to me in my new life?

Today I Pray

Through prayer, communion with a Higher Power, may I begin to see my life sort itself out. May I become less tense, more sane, more open, more courageous, more loving, less tangled in problems, less afraid of losing, less afraid of living. May I know that my Higher Power wants these things for me, and may my Higher Power’s will be done.

Today I Will Remember

To be still and know my Higher Power.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment