Sunday, November 15, 2020

Nov. 15, 2020 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Sunday, Nov. 15, 2020

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Accepting our condition

It is important to realize that we are alcoholics and drug addicts, not ex-alcoholics or ex-addicts. We accept the fact that we have a chronic illness and that no amount of “discipline” and no magic cure will change that.

We are deluding ourselves if we think we can handle “just a little.” If we say, “I used to be an alcoholic” or “I used to be a drug addict,” then we may conclude that we can drink or take drugs and still stay in control. But for us, that’s the route to despair and, perhaps, death.

Do I accept my incurable illness?

Higher Power, help me never to forget who I am, what I am, and where my salvation lies.

I will practice acceptance today by…

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment