Saturday, May 5, 2018

May 5, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Saturday, May 5, 2018

Reflection for the Day
I knew I had to have a new beginning, and the beginning had to be here. I couldn't start anywhere else. I had to let go of the past and forget the future. As long as I held on to the past with one hand and grabbed at the future with the other hand, I had nothing with which to grasp today. So I had to begin here, now.

Do I practice the Eleventh Step, praying only for knowledge of God's will for me, and the Power to carry that out?

Today I Pray
May I not worry about verbalizing my wants and needs in my prayers to a Higher Power. May I not fret over the language of my prayers for God needs no language, and communication with Him is beyond speech. May the Eleventh Step guide me in prayers at all times.

Today I Will Remember
God's will be done.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment