Sunday, April 8, 2018

April 8, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Sunday, April 8, 2018

Reflection for the Day
Time after time, we learn in The Program, newcomers try to keep to themselves "shoddy facts" about their lives. Trying to avoid the humbling experience of the Fifth Step, they turn to a seemingly easier and softer way. Almost invariably, they slip. Having persevered with the rest of The Program, they then wonder why they fell. The probable reason is that they hung on to some of the worst items in stock.

Have I admitted to God, to myself and to another human being the exact nature of my wrongs?

Today I Pray
That I may include all of the sleaziness of my past, my cruelties and my dishonesties, in a complete moral inventory of myself. May I hold back nothing out of shame or pride, for the "exact nature" of my wrongs means just that - a thorough and exact recounting of past mistakes and character flaws. We have been provided with an appropriate "dumping-ground." May I use it as it was intended. May all my throw-aways, the trash and outgrown costumes of the past, be foundation "fill" on which to build a new life.

Today I Will Remember
Trash can be a foundation for treasures.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment