Friday, April 13, 2018

April 13, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, April 13, 2018

Today, detach to be objective and see and accept myself for what I am and not what I hope I am. Because I am asked by AA to work through my emotional and character defects, I must first see them honestly before I can correct them. Here, I look to  the Fourth Step  to identify those flaws and, instead of rationalizing or justifying them, I have to see and accept them for what they are - defects that I cannot afford to carry into recovery. And, after reviewing my Fourth, I must look to the Serenity Prayer for the "courage to change the things I can." Today, when I look in a mirror, I need to see the man in it. I won't see him if I look at him through rose-colored glasses. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment