Friday, April 6, 2018

April 6, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Friday, April 6, 2018

Reflection for the Day
What do we say to a person who has slipped, or one who calls for help? We can carry the message, if they're willing to learn; we can share our experience, strength and hope. Perhaps the most important thing we can do, however, is to tell the person that we love him or her, that we're truly happy he or she is back, and that we want to help all we can. And we must mean it.

Can I still "go to school" and continue to learn from the mistakes and adversities of others?

Today I Pray
May I always have enough love to welcome back to the group someone who has slipped. May I listen to that person's story-of-woe, humbly. For there, but for my Higher Power, go I. May I learn from others' mistakes and pray that I will not re-enact them.

Today I Will Remember
Sobriety is never fail-safe.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment