Thursday, March 8, 2018

March 8, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Thursday, March 8, 2018

Today, if I doubt or fear what lies ahead on the road of sobriety, I will remember that I am walking Robert Frost's "Road Less Traveled," less traveled, at least, by me. If I become shaky or uncertain about what bends I might encounter on this unfamiliar path, let me look back at the road I hope to leave behind, a road that is well-traveled and littered with broken whiskey bottles, broken dreams and promises, losses of people and places and things. If on the road I walk now the uncertainty is strong enough to tempt me to turn around and get back on the other road I know too well, let me not forget the reasons I left that one for the road less traveled because, unlike the less walked road, I know all too well the twists and turns of the other one. And with the stinging memories of that road I've left behind, the program has given me the map of the road less traveled. And, today, our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment