Monday, March 26, 2018

March 26, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Monday, March 26, 2018
Today’s thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

When I came in, they told me, “Let us love you until you can learn to love yourself.”
 — Anonymous

It takes a long time to learn to love ourselves. So many things we’ve done seem hard to forgive. We might be trying to dig out from under tons of negative garbage, negative images. Fortunately, our friends in this program do love us. That will sustain us as we try to get the picture of ourselves back into proper focus.

The thing we must get locked firmly in our mind is that it’s all right to be who we have been and who we are now. We know how to repair the damage now. Our program shows us the way to recovery, the way back to genuine esteem in ourselves as God’s creations. God made us, and always loves us just the way we are.

I will try to love myself, remembering that God and other people love me as I am.

You are reading from the book:

In God’s Care by Karen Casey. © 1991 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment