Friday, September 22, 2017

Sept. 22, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, Sept. 22, 2017

Today, the lifeline has been tossed and the Big Book provided. This is the day I grab onto both. The time for wallowing stops, and it's time to get to the business of moving on. God help me if I can't say enough is enough, that I haven't become disgusted enough with myself, that I obviously prefer life in a gutter. God grant me the anger, even fury, to realize I can't kid myself any longer just as I stopped fooling everyone long ago - except myself. Today, I'm sick of the pathetic person I awaken to every morning with a hangover, using whatever excuse or justification I can to keep drinking, fed up with the person I am who evokes from most everyone a sigh and shake of the head as if I'm a lost cause. Alright, then! Yesterday, I was a lost cause. Today, I'm angry and fed up enough to grab onto the cause that can restore me. The lifeline of AA has been thrown to me, the Big Book opened. Today, I take up both. Enough is enough. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment