Monday, September 18, 2017

Sept. 18, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Monday, Sept. 18, 2017

Reflection for the Day
In every story we hear from others in The Program, pain has been the price of admission into a new life. But our admission price purchased far more than we expected. It led us to a degree of humility, which we soon discovered to be a healer of pain. And, in time, we began to fear pain less - and desire humility more than ever.

Am I learning to "sit loosely in the saddle" - making the most of what comes and the least of what goes?

Today I Pray
If God's plan for us is spiritual growth, a closer alliance with His principles of what is good and what is true, then may I believe that all my experiences have added up to a new and improved me. May I not fear the lessons of pain. May I know that I must continue to grow through pain, as well as joy.

Today I Will Remember
I hurt; therefore, I am.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment