Monday, April 22, 2024

April 22, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

 

Step by Step
Monday, April 22, 2024

Today, stop running from regret, shame, guilt, loss and all other anguish that my drinking caused. I must  come to terms with all of it. By taking each Step with absolute honesty, I will look to the lessons to be learned from my actions that eventually pooled together to create the pain I may still carry. Regret and shame might be eased by the single strongest amend I can make: by not drinking today. I can release guilt by learning from the mistakes that bred it, and the sense of loss might be less if I can be grateful that I even had what I lost and accept that I might not have been ready to be responsible for what I had -- and lost. Today, I work on easing any pain -- not by confronting it but finding the comfort in it. But, in the end, if I deny or do not allow myself to feel and deal with the hurt, the good might not feel as it might otherwise. And our common journey continues. Step by step. -- Chris M., 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment